When we live from our heads, we tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We worry about what others think of us, whether we’re doing things right, and if we’re making the best choices. This can lead to a lot of stress and anxiety, and can even make us feel like we’re not good enough.
However, when we start to live from our hearts instead of our heads, everything changes. We become more aware of what truly matters to us, and we make choices based on our values and what will make us happy – not what others think or expect of us.
Living from the heart doesn’t mean that life is always easy or that we’ll never experience any challenges. But it does mean that we’re more in touch with our true selves, and that we’re better able to deal with whatever life throws our way.
Here are some benefits of heart-centred living:
1. We’re more authentic and genuine.
When we live from our hearts, we’re more likely to be our true selves. We don’t put on a façade or try to be someone we’re not. This allows us to build stronger relationships with others, as they can see the real us and know that we’re not just putting on an act.
2. We make better choices.
When we’re in touch with our hearts, we’re able to make choices based on what we truly want – not what others want for us or what we think we should do. This can lead to a more fulfilling and satisfying life, as we’re not just going through the motions but are actually doing things that matter to us.
3. We experience more joy and happiness.
When we live from our hearts, we open ourselves up to more joy and happiness. This is because we’re living in alignment with our values and what makes us happy, rather than trying to please others or meet their expectations.
4. We’re more compassionate.
Heart-centred living helps us to develop compassion for ourselves and others. When we’re in touch with our own hearts, we understand the pain and suffering that others are going through. This can lead to more compassion and empathy in our relationships, as well as a greater desire to help others.
5. We’re more peaceful.
Living from the heart helps to bring more peace into our lives. This is because we’re not constantly trying to control everything or please others. Instead, we’re accepting things as they are and trusting that everything will work out in the end.
Tips for Living from the Heart
If you’d like to get out of your head and live more from your heart, here are some tips to get you started:
1. Spend time each day connecting with your heart. This can be done through meditation, journaling, or simply taking some time to sit quietly and be present with your thoughts and feelings.
2. Make choices based on what you want, not what others want for you. This can be difficult at first, but it’s important to listen to your heart and intuition when making decisions.
3. Be authentic and genuine with others. Don’t try to put on a façade or be someone you’re not. Let people see the real you, and build relationships with those who accept and appreciate you for who you are.
4. Practice self-compassion. Be gentle and understanding with yourself, especially when you make mistakes or fall short of your goals. Remember that you’re doing the best you can, and that everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
5. Seek out experiences that bring you joy. Do things that make you happy, and surround yourself with people and activities that make you feel good.
Heart-centred living is a journey, and there’s no one right way to do it. Just start by spending some time each day connecting with your heart, and making choices based on what feels right for you. Remember that every step you take – no matter how small – is helping to bring more peace, joy, and happiness into your life … and that sounds like a life worth living!
As always, hugs & happiness